Keeping your Yuma smile healthy and bright should be a team venture. It’s an essential part of your Yuma dentist’s job, but there are many things you can do on your own. Here are six great ways to get the brighter, whiter smile you’ve always wanted.
Brightening Your Smile
- Watch Your Drinking Habits: As a general rule, any beverage that can stain a white shirt can also stain your teeth. Coffee, soda, tea, red wine, and brightly colored fruit juices are all culprits. To protect your smile, limit your intake of these beverages. When you do indulge, rinse your mouth with water as soon as you’re finished. Water will dilute the acid too!
- Teeth Whitening Makeup Tricks: Did you know that your lipstick can be a tooth whitening tool? If your teeth look yellow, choose lip colors with blue or pink undertones. Examples include wine, berry, plum, and cherry red.
- The Tooth Whitening Power of Good Hygiene: A critical element in any tooth whitening plan is excellent hygiene. Brush your teeth twice a day and after every meal when possible. Floss every day, and use an antibacterial mouth rinse to fight plaque. Be sure to replace your toothbrush every three or four months. Be sure to visit our Yuma, AZ dental office for more helpful tips!
- Request a Tiny Fix: If a small imperfection is bugging you, ask your dentist about dental bonding. The process involves applying a tooth-colored resin to a crack, gap, or unsightly stain and then hardening it under a particular laser. Your new bonded tooth will look natural and give you a new reason to smile.
- Get a Veneer Makeover: When teeth bleaching isn’t enough, porcelain veneers are the perfect answer. They’re custom designed to fit your teeth, and they can hide a multitude of minor problems such as yellow stains, uneven or misshapen areas, and small chips. You’ll need to attend one, maybe two dental visits for the process, but your veneers will last for years.
Try Professional Teeth Whitening at our Yuma AZ Office
Professional teeth whitening or teeth bleaching is the quickest way to remove stains and whiten natural teeth. Your dentist will brush a peroxide gel over your teeth and then activate it with a unique light or laser. The results are instant, and with reasonable care, you could have a brighter smile for up to a year.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable and painless dentist in Yuma, call Dr. Carroll today at (928) 344-1060.